ImageImage

What If Woelful's Right?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

El Sid
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

What If Woelful's Right? 

Post#1 » by El Sid » Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:46 pm

> The draft is the big three and everybody else. Beasley, Rose and Mayo.
> Bucks falling in love with Kevin Love
> There are 2 teams ahead of Milwaukee in the draft who want Redd really bad, and both are willing to package their pick along with player(s).(plus Bucks keep their 8th pick).
> There will be more trades prior to draft than ever before.
> Woeful's cousin is Mayo's attorney.
> Minnesota very open to trading the third pick.

So what if Woelful has the truth and there are two teams ahead of the Bucks who would take Redd for their pick and some players? I've been reading all the posts and most people believe it would be either Memphis at 5, New York at 6, or the Clippers at 7.

Memphis:
Redd for #5, Miller, Cardinal or Collins (filler contracts).
Upside- we have #5 and #8, and we get Redd's short term replacement and a backup big man.
Downside- Is there one?

New York:
Redd for #6 and Marbury.
Upside- we get a HUGE expiring contract and the #6 and #8 picks.
Downside- Marbury will be making 22 mil so we would have to add another player or two to make this work.

Clippers:
Redd for #7, Mobley, Tim Thomas and/or Brevin Knight.
Upside- we have Redd's short term replacement and in a year from now Mobley, Simmons and TT's contracts would be 27 mil worth of expirings. Also #7 and #8.
Downside- We have to take TT back.

I personally would take the Clipper deal because it has a little bit of what we would want with the Knicks and the Grizzlies separately. Memphis gives us a solid replacement for Redd immediately but we get no future expirings. New York gives us a huge expiring but then we have no replacement for Redd. With the Clipper deal we get a semi-solid replacement for Redd and in a year from now Simmons, Mobley and TT would be 27 million dollars in expirings.

What deal would you take?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#2 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:54 pm

Memphis would be the best deal.

It gives us the best pick and the best player (Mike Miller)
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#3 » by Todd_Day » Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:54 pm

all we need to focus on is if "John Hammond is right"

I'm fine with whatever happens. These guys feel like the real deal in the front office.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,493

Post#4 » by Profound23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:56 pm

You can cross that Memphis deal off of there.

No way they trade their pick and Mike Miller for Redd.

I doubt he is right, we have seen in the past the organization feeds him false info in hopes of getting a better trade. Right now him putting that info out there means someone hopefully offers more for Redd.
El Sid
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by El Sid » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:01 pm

You're right if Woelful got the info from the organization but from what up north said it sounds like this info isn't coming from the organization but from his cousin and/or some agents or somebody in that regard.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#6 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:03 pm

Memphis is NOT one of the teams that want Redd............I am thinking perhaps New York, Miami, and the Clips....although I highly doubt Miami would give up the #2 for Redd.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#7 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:06 pm

Would Miami consider something along the lines of Redd and Mo for the #2? Maybe Redd, CV, and a 2009 1st round pick?
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#8 » by jerrod » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:07 pm

xTitan wrote:Memphis is NOT one of the teams that want Redd

says who?
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#9 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:19 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

says who?

Common sense says so..................they gave away a better player (and cheaper) than Redd for nothing, now they would want to add someone who is way overpaid? That seems to make a ton of sense.
Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User

Post#10 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:30 pm

i have liked this clippers trade for the past month or so...i also would be a fan of then moving mo and gadz to the cavs for wally and #19
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#11 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:48 pm

3 - Minnesota - Not very likely, since they can draft Mayo #3 and pay him the rookie scale instead of the max.

4 - Seattle - Not very likely because their core is 20 years old and won't hit their stride until Redd is out of the league.

5 - Memphis - Unlikely that they would trade Gasol one year and then try to re-acquire veterans the next.

6 - New York - Anything's possible. Maybe the brand new GM wants to make a splash and bring in veterans right form the get-go.

7 - LA Clippers - This one I definitely believe. Brand/Kaman is a front court ready to win right now. Either you move Brand out, or you bring in pieces that are ready to push 50 games this year.
El Sid
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by El Sid » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:54 pm

I just think the Clipper trade would be the best the Bucks are going to get for Redd if your looking at contending in two years.

Not only could you pickup something like Gordon with 7 and Randolph with 8, hopefully are future SG and SF, but in a year from now we would have three players with 27 mil worth of expirings. The Bucks could deal those guys in a year and get a really good veteran or they could wait two years and have more cap flexibility than they ever have.

I know a lot of fans aren't that interested in gaining a ton of cap space but if we had a enticing core with a Gordon or a Randolph to go along with Bogut, Yi and Sessions, we could quite possibly nab a top 10 player through a trade and then be able to spend a good portion in free agency.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#13 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:56 pm

Too bad an offer like this wasn't made in a better draft year (like maybe last year). This isn't a great draft so unless the players coming back with that higher pick are pretty good/promising then I wouldn't be all that excited.

I also agree that LAC is the most likely team, and one that Redd would probably be the happiest to go to from his perspective. But who is there available at 7 to really get excited about?

NY doesn't have much to offer in my opinion (I want nothing to do with Marbury).. and again, who is available at 6 that would really make it worth while?
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,968

Post#14 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:00 pm

If Riles is looking to make a run next season, and with Wade and Marion there's not a reason to believe he can't, I could also see Miami in the Redd discussion.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#15 » by wichmae » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:03 pm

its the Clippers and Knicks.

now you can stop bickering..
nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior

Post#16 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:05 pm

I actually would like an arguement for Seattle. They need a 2nd option to take all the pressure off Durant. They have the cap space to asorb Redd. They need some vet presence. I don't think they need to get any younger. That actually may be a very good move for that team to compete in the west.
Big Dogg GRob--smoothest 15 foot jumper in the game
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#17 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:05 pm

This years top 8 is comparable to last year's top 8. Rose/Beasley might not be as good as Oden/Durant, but I don't think they'll be that far off. I think Mayo/Bayless/Gordon/Love/Westbrook/Randolph is very comparable with Conley/Horford/Green/Yi/Brewer/Wright, in fact, I'd rank Mayo as the top prospect out of the 12 on that list. The talent is definitely comparable between this years top 8 and last years top 8. As for trading Redd, if you can get Gordon by moving Redd, it's a no brainer. Gordon will be a comparable scorer and better defender, and will come at a rookie salary compared to Redd's albatross. Obviously what we would also have to take back would be a concern. I really don't see why the Knicks would push for Redd when they can get one of Mayo/Bayless/Gordon though.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#18 » by smauss » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:06 pm

DrugBust wrote:If Riles is looking to make a run next season, and with Wade and Marion there's not a reason to believe he can't, I could also see Miami in the Redd discussion.

I was thinking this as well, DB. I don't like any of the other deals. I just can't see trading Redd for basically cap space and IMO a potential NBA starter. Now if your talkin' #2 then I'm listening.......
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
El Sid
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by El Sid » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:07 pm

Too bad an offer like this wasn't made in a better draft year (like maybe last year). This isn't a great draft so unless the players coming back with that higher pick are pretty good/promising then I wouldn't be all that excited.

I also agree that LAC is the most likely team, and one that Redd would probably be the happiest to go to from his perspective. But who is there available at 7 to really get excited about?

I would take Gordon's potential over Redd at this point and he will most likely be there. Give me Gordon at 7 in place of Redd and scoop up Randolph at 8. I'd take that over Redd because we already have seen that the Bucks will not win as long as Redd is here.

Then we can hope that this draft turns out better than how it looks right now. We didn't think the 2005 draft with Bogut was filled with talent and looking back on it now it might have given the NBA it's two best point guards, two good centers (Bogut, Bynum), a few solid PF's like CV, Warrick and Frye, SF Danny Granger, and David Lee with the final pick in the first round. Then there is even a few pretty good players in the second round of that draft.

We don't know what this draft holds yet so lets just put ourselves into a position to get some good picks for our current unsuccessful players.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#20 » by rilamann » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:13 pm

If we could pull off some sort of deal sending Redd to the Knicks for #6 and David Lee i'd be all for it.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks