Seven ties among teams that finished the 2011-12 NBA regular season with identical records were broken through random drawings to help determine the order of selection for the 2012 NBA Draft, which will be held on Thursday, June 28, at The Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The drawings were conducted earlier today in New York City by Carol Sawdye, NBA Chief Financial Officer, and Dan Rube, NBA Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel. The tiebreak process was overseen by Martin Shannon, a partner in the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.
The results of the drawings:
· Cleveland (21-45) won a tiebreaker with New Orleans.
· Sacramento (22-44) won a tiebreaker with New Jersey.
· Golden State (23-43) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
· New York (36-30) won a tiebreaker with Dallas; and Dallas won a tiebreaker with Utah.
· L.A. Clippers (40-26) won a tiebreaker with Atlanta.
· L.A. Lakers (41-25) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.