Miles Bridges has missed the entirety of the 2022-23 NBA season after pleading no contest to domestic violence charges. Those charges stemmed from allegations that Bridges assaulted his girlfriend in front of their two children in June.
Bridges attended the Michigan State-Indiana game in East Lansing, Michigan on Tuesday and told The Associated Press that his return to the NBA might be coming soon.
“It’s been a long process,” Bridges said. “I might be back in March.”
The NBA has yet to levy any punishment on Bridges, because he remains an unsigned free agent. The Charlotte Hornets control Bridges' restricted free agent rights. When asked about Bridges earlier in February, Hornets general manager Mitch Kupchak gave no indication of what the team's plans are with 6-foot-7 forward.
“The NBA is conducting an investigation and I don’t know when that is going to end,” Kupchak said. “When it ends, we’ll have more information and we’ll go from there. I’ll leave it up to you to decide what kind of impact that had on our team this year.”