March 2012 NBA Draft Wiretap

BJ Young Submits Name For Draft

Mar 31, 2012 1:09 PM

BJ Young has submitted his name for consideration for the 2012 NBA Draft, but has not hired an agent.

Young is a freshman guard out of Arkansas that led all SEC freshmen in scoring at 15.3 points per game.

“I love being a Razorback and I see this as an opportunity to receive valuable feedback from the NBA advisory committee on my draft potential,” Young said in a news release from the university. “I want to make sure that I have all the information possible before I choose what is best for me and my family. Once I am able to look over all the facts, I will have a discussion with my family and coaches and decide what is best.”

40/29 TV Fayetteville

Tags: B.J. Young, Arkansas Razorbacks, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General, NBA Draft Declarations

Discuss Buy Tickets
Austin Rivers Would Love To Play For Celtics

Mar 30, 2012 10:30 PM

Austin Rivers is intrigued by the prospect of playing for his father, Celtics coach Doc Rivers.

"If that was to happen, I would love to," Rivers said Friday." "I would love to play for any organization in the NBA. That's my dream. It would be great. It would be different. It would be an interesting aspect just to play for my dad."

Rivers said that if he were to be drafted by the Celtics, he'd want to be treated like any other player.

"If I'm messing up, I want him to be hard on me. If I'm doing good, I want him to pat me on the back. That's the way he coaches," Rivers said during the radio interview. "However he coaches(Rajon) Rondo or Kevin Garnett or Avery Bradleyor any other player on that team, I want him to coach me. I don't want anything handed to me. I never have my whole life. I would have to mature and accept that responsibility. That's one of the things you look forward to when you decide to go pro."

Tags: Austin Rivers, Boston Celtics, Duke Blue Devils, Atlantic Coast Conference, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General

Discuss Buy Tickets
Sullinger Made Statement By Not Turning Pro

Mar 30, 2012 10:27 PM

Jared Sullinger reflected on his decision to return to Ohio State for his sophomore season.

“I wanted to make a statement that not everybody is using college basketball as a pit stop to go to the next level, that there’s more than money and endorsements," Sullinger said. “There are championships that you’ve got to win at every level. That’s what I pride myself on. I’ve won a championship all the way from elementary to now, and now I’m trying to look towards the bigger trophy in the national championship. I pride myself on winning. That’s why I came back."

Thad Matta believes Sullinger has made his mark at Ohio State.

“He’s going to be known as one of the all-time greatest players ever to wear the scarlet-and-gray," Matta said. “I think that’s something that is important to him. He’s won at the highest level."

Sporting News

Tags: Jared Sullinger, Ohio State Buckeyes, Big Ten Conference, NCAA Tournament, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General

Discuss Buy Tickets
Bradley Beal To Consult With Family On NBA Options

Mar 29, 2012 9:52 PM

Bradley Beal is returning to St. Louis this weekend to huddle with his family and decide whether to return to Florida for his sophomore season or declare for the NBA draft.

“I know it's going to be a hard decision for him,” Beal's father, Bobby Beal said Thursday.”Some people say (leaving) is a no-brainer, but I know that he loves college, loves the atmosphere down there.”

Beal, a 6-foot-3, 207 pound shooting guard, is a consensus top-5 pick.

“We'll sit down as a family and weigh all the pros and cons and try to come to a decision,” Bobby Beal said.

Gainesville Sun

Tags: Bradley Beal, Florida Gators, Southeastern Conference, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General

Discuss Buy Tickets
Arnett Moultrie Declares For Draft

Mar 29, 2012 9:13 PM

Arnett Moultrie will declare for the draft after one season at Mississippi State.

"I have enjoyed my time at Mississippi State University and I will never forget the people I met and got to know," Moultrie said in a statement. "Nor will I ever forget my coaches and teammates. Keep me in your prayers and I will keep Bulldog Nation in mine."

The first-team All-SEC player averaged 16.4 points and 10.5 rebounds this season and is projected as a first round pick.

Jackson Clarion Ledger

Tags: Arnett Moultrie, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Southeastern Conference, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General

Discuss Buy Tickets
Barnes, Henson, Marshall Declare For Draft

Mar 29, 2012 4:04 PM

Harrison Barnes, John Henson and Kendall Marshall will enter the 2012 NBA Draft, leaving North Carolina without their three top underclassmen for the 12-13 season.

"It's a great day for three youngsters who are taking another step toward their ultimate goal of playing professional basketball," coach Roy Williams said in a statement. "On a very small stage, it's a sad day for me because I won't get to coach them again. All Tar Heel fans will miss them greatly, as well."

Robbi Pickeral/ESPN

Tags: Harrison Barnes, John Henson, Kendall Marshall, North Carolina Tar Heels, Atlantic Coast Conference, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General, NBA Draft Declarations

Discuss Buy Tickets
McAdoo Expected To Return For Sophomore Season At UNC

Mar 28, 2012 9:17 PM

James Michael McAdoo will likely return to North Carolina for his sophomore season, his father, Ronnie, confirmed.

“He’s coming home this weekend, and we’ll talk about the pros and cons; he’ll weigh the decision,’’ the elder McAdoo said Tuesday. “But right now, his mother and I expect to see him in a Tar Heel uniform again next season."

McAdoo scored at least 14 points in three of UNC's seven postseason games after reaching double figures three times in the regular season.

“He really did play well at the end of the year … as he grew more and more comfortable playing with his teammates, and they grew comfortable playing with him,’’ Ronnie McAdoo said. “…But to be honest, you haven’t seen what James Michael can really do yet. Here’s a kid that can put the ball on the floor, finish with dunks, alley oops, shake the 3. … I think we’ll see more and more of that.”

Tags: James McAdoo, North Carolina Tar Heels, Atlantic Coast Conference, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General

Discuss Buy Tickets
C.J. McCollum Declares For Draft, Will Not Hire Agent

Mar 28, 2012 10:33 AM

C.J. McCollum will submit his name for consideration for early entry to the NBA draft. He will not immediately hire an agent, leaving open the possibility of returning for his senior season at Lehigh.

“This is a great opportunity for me to receive valuable information and feedback on my future,” McCollum said. “Playing in the NBA has always been a dream of mine and I feel blessed to even be considered. Lehigh has given me the opportunity to not only play basketball, but to study at a prestigious academic institution as well. By not hiring an agent I leave myself the option of returning to school after my evaluation.”

McCollum ranked fifth in the country in scoring, averaging 21.9 points per game while pulling down 6.5 rebounds and handing out 3.5 assists per game.

Tags: C.J. McCollum, Lehigh Mountain Hawks, Patriot League, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General

Discuss Buy Tickets
Jeremy Lamb Expected To Declare For Draft

Mar 28, 2012 10:24 AM

Jeremy Lamb is expected to enter the June 28 draft.

Lamb, a 6-foot-5, 180 pound shooting guard, is billed as a possible lottery pick.

He averaged 17.7 points on 47.8 percent shooting this past season.

Tags: Jeremy Lamb, Connecticut Huskies, American Athletic Conference, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General, NCAA Misc Rumor

Discuss Buy Tickets
Rivers Aims To Be Lottery Selection

Mar 28, 2012 10:20 AM

Austin Rivers plans to be plans to be a lottery pick in the NBA draft.

"I have a really good chance of doing that,” said Rivers, who announced his intentions to leave Duke after one season Monday. “I just have to keep working."

Rivers is currently slotted as a late lottery to mid first round pick.

"I'm projected in a pretty good place right now, and I'm going to work hard and continue to get better," Rivers said. "People do great workouts and things change.

"At the end of the day, it's the general managers' and the scouts' opinion on you and what teams need, what they're looking for."

Orlando Sentinel

Tags: Austin Rivers, Duke Blue Devils, Atlantic Coast Conference, NCAA, NBA, NBA NBA Draft, NBA Draft General

Discuss Buy Tickets
Hollis Thompson Enters Name Into Draft, Plans To Hire Agent
Hollis Thompson will forgo his senior year at Georgetown.

Washington Post

Jared Cunningham Intends To Test Draft Waters
Jared Cunningham is projected as a late first to early second pick in next year’s draft.

Muhammad Wins McDonald's All-American Dunk Contest
Shabazz Muhammad received four perfect scores in the 2012 McDonald’s All-American slam-dunk contest.

Rivers Declares For Draft, Will Hire Agent
Austin Rivers averaged 15.5 points and was a unanimous pick for ACC freshman of the year.

News & Observer

Dion Waiters Leaving Syracuse For NBA
Dion Waiters was voted Big East Sixth Man of the Year this season.

Renardo Sidney Hires Agent, Turning Pro
Renardo Sidney averaged 9.7 points and 5.2 rebounds as a junior.

Myck Kabongo Will Return For Sophomore Season At Texas
Myck Kabongo will put his NBA future on hold.

Sullinger Admits To Early Season Injury Woes, Says He’s Now Healthy
Jared Sullinger is averaging 20 points and 9.9 rebounds over his last nine games.

Cleveland Plain Dealer

Davis Patterns Shot-Blocking After Ibaka
Anthony Davis has been studying the shot-blocking skills of Serge Ibaka.

Louisville Courier-Journal

Source: Dion Waiters To Enter Draft
Dion Waiters is projected as a mid-to-late first round pick.

Perry Jones Not Concerned With Individual Matchups
Perry Jones is averaging 7.7 points on 50 percent shooting in three NCAA tourney games.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Doc Rivers Confirms Austin Still Weighing Draft Options
Austin Rivers is projected as a lottery pick in this year's draft.

Boston Globe

Damian Lillard To Declare For Draft
Damian Lillard of Weber State will forgo his senior season to enter the 2012 NBA Draft.

Gary Parrish/CBS Sports

Dumars Admits Selection Of Darko His Biggest Mistake
The Pistons are far more interested in exploring the background of players ahead of the draft.

Justin Rogers/

Rivers Consulting With Family Regarding Draft
Austin Rivers has yet to decide whether to declare for the draft.

News & Observer

Austin Rivers To Declare For Draft
Multiple NBA executives expect Austin Rivers to become a lottery pick.

Jeff Goodman/CBS Sports

Doug McDermott Returning For Junior Season At Creighton
Doug McDermott will not declare for the NBA draft this year.

Will Barton To Declare For Draft
Will Barton led Memphis in scoring at 18 points per game.

Kidd-Gilchrist Denies Report, Still Undecided
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said he has yet to make a decision on the draft.

Perry Jones Defends Inconsistent Tourney Run
Perry Jones is averaging 4.5 points in two NCAA tourney games.

New York Times