Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Week 17 - Chargers @ Raiders 

Post#1 » by BlackMamba » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:43 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview?gid=20071230013

Game Info: 4:15 pm EST Sun Dec 30, 2007
TV: CBS

The San Diego Chargers have the league's leading rusher, a defense getting healthier and the inside track for the AFC's No. 3 seed in the playoffs.

The Oakland Raiders, meanwhile, are hoping to see something from their top overall pick that will make them believe they can be a postseason team in the future.

The Raiders will give JaMarcus Russell his first start at quarterback.

With a win, San Diego (10-5) will host either Tennessee or Cleveland in the wild-card round. More importantly, the Chargers wouldn't have to face Jacksonville, which handed them their last loss on Nov. 18.

In the last meeting, Tomlinson matched a career high with four rushing scores among 24 carries for 198 yards in a 28-14 win on Oct. 14. It was San Diego's eighth straight win over Oakland.

There is a chance Tomlinson may not play much to ensure he remains healthy for the postseason. He had 107 yards, including a 17-yard scoring run, before sitting out most of the second half with a tender hamstring on Monday night in a 23-3 win over Denver.

Tomlinson moved past injured Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker to become the league rushing leader with 1,418 yards - 113 more than his closest pursuer, Minnesota rookie Adrian Peterson.

The Raiders have been outscored 77-31 in three straight home losses to the Chargers. Last season, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter combined to go 8-for-19 for just 96 yards in a 27-0 defeat there to San Diego.

The Chargers HAVE to win to keep the momentum going and on their side.

They also have to take advantage of Rusell and preassure him as much as they can, I hope the defense comes as hungry as they looked vs. Denver.

I say the Chargers win by 10+ pts.
CB4_Toronto_Raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Re: Week 17 - Chargers @ Raiders 

Post#2 » by CB4_Toronto_Raptors » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:48 pm

BlackMamba wrote:The Chargers HAVE to win to keep the momentum going and on their side.

Also to keep the #3 seed. I'd much rather play Cleveland or the Titans in the 1st rather than the Jags.

Hopefully this isn't a trap game. We should have LT rested in the 3rd.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#3 » by CJ_18 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:28 am

:clap:

Just got home and it looks like we got the 3 seed :D

I also just turned on the Colts-Titans game and its tied through 3 quarters.

I also noticed that Vince Young wasnt in. I don't know why as i just turned it on so..if he's injured, and the titans win, us charger fans should be VERY happy possibly looking at a Vince-less Titans team on wildcard weekend!
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,700

Post#4 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:24 am

Have to like how we finished the regular season. I'll be okay with this year if we win a game in the playoffs and play Indy well, but if I were Indy I would take SD very seriously.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!

Return to Los Angeles Chargers