ImageImageImageImage

Dallas vs. Washington

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,381

Dallas vs. Washington 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 4, 2023 6:07 pm

I still say if there is a chance to win the division, we got for it. More than likely the NFL will push back the playoffs one week to resume the Bengals/Bills game after this week. Rule17 on overview of extraordinary situations states that all regular season must be played before playoffs start.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: Dallas vs. Washington 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 5, 2023 4:55 pm

Mike McCarthy said this morning Cowboys won't be resting starters and are planning on playing to win the game. Since both teams have a 1:00pm starting time, neither team gets an early advantage of how they should approach this game. I'm hearing Jalen Hurts' shoulder is worse than originally reported and will not play this weekend vs. the Giants.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#3 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 5, 2023 5:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mike McCarthy said this morning Cowboys won't be resting starters and are planning on playing to win the game. Since both teams have a 1:00pm starting time, neither team gets an early advantage of how they should approach this game. I'm hearing Jalen Hurts' shoulder is worse than originally reported and will not play this weekend vs. the Giants.

They absolutely should play for the win. Shouldn’t be that hard though because Washington is going to play their rookie 3rd string QB at some point in this game.

If the Cowboys lose they will travel to Tampa to play Tom Brady in round 1. If they win the division they will host Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 6, 2023 7:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mike McCarthy said this morning Cowboys won't be resting starters and are planning on playing to win the game. Since both teams have a 1:00pm starting time, neither team gets an early advantage of how they should approach this game. I'm hearing Jalen Hurts' shoulder is worse than originally reported and will not play this weekend vs. the Giants.

They absolutely should play for the win. Shouldn’t be that hard though because Washington is going to play their rookie 3rd string QB at some point in this game.

If the Cowboys lose they will travel to Tampa to play Tom Brady in round 1. If they win the division they will host Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Not sure I like either choice. Rather play at home if I have to make a choice.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,223

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 6, 2023 8:43 pm

I really liked the idea of playing Tampa Bay but now that I think about it getting revenge on Green Bay would be very very sweet.

We choked away a 14 point lead to Green Bay and should have won that game. They ran all over us though.

Tampa Bay week 1 was not a choke, they just beat us.

There is also a chance that the 49ers lose against the Cardinals which would give Dallas a BYE is we win and Eagles lose
Mr B
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 7, 2023 3:52 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I really liked the idea of playing Tampa Bay but now that I think about it getting revenge on Green Bay would be very very sweet.

We choked away a 14 point lead to Green Bay and should have won that game. They ran all over us though.

Tampa Bay week 1 was not a choke, they just beat us.

There is also a chance that the 49ers lose against the Cardinals which would give Dallas a BYE is we win and Eagles lose

I’m not holding out much hope that the Cards will beat the Niners. If the Niners win, Cowboys win, and Eagles lose the Cowboys will be the #2 seed. If that happens I think we play Seattle.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#7 » by linery88 » Sat Jan 7, 2023 3:13 pm

I dont want to play GB at home.We have no HF advantage,at least not the advantage we were led to believe we would have.HF-IMO overall in the NFL,is now overated.
Losing to GB again in a post season game with a double digit lead would be brutal,and Rodgers already owns us.GB is a better team now than they were before.I would rather beat TB in Tampa.We match up better with TB,with our secondary,and should blow them out with our D-line pressure,and double Evans.I just feel like McCarthy coaches better on the road in the playoffs.When GB won the SB,with 16 players on IR,they beat @Phil @Atl @Chic,then beat Pittsburgh to win the SB;all under McCarthy.That has to be worth something,even now-IMO.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by linery88 » Sat Jan 7, 2023 3:14 pm

Playoff scenarios..............
AFC Scenarios

KANSAS CITY can clinch the AFC No. 1 seed with:
1. KC win
2. BUF loss

BUFFALO can clinch the AFC No. 1 seed with:
1. BUF win + KC loss

JACKSONVILLE can clinch the AFC South division title with:
1. JAC win

JACKSONVILLE can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. JAC loss + NE loss + MIA loss + PIT loss

NEW ENGLAND can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. NE win
2. NE loss + MIA loss + PIT loss+ TEN loss

MIAMI can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. MIA win + NE loss

PITTSBURGH can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. PIT win + NE loss + MIA loss

TENNESSEE can clinch the AFC South division title with:
1. TEN win
--------------------------------
NFC Scenarios

PHILADELPHIA can clinch the NFC No. 1 seed with:
1. PHI win
2. SF loss + DAL loss

PHILADELPHIA can clinch the NFC East division title with:
1. PHI win
2. DAL loss

SAN FRANCISCO can clinch the NFC No. 1 seed with:
1. SF win + PHI loss

DALLAS can clinch the NFC No. 1 seed with:
1. DAL win + PHI loss + SF loss

DALLAS can clinch the NFC East division title with:
1. DAL win + PHI loss

SEATTLE can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. SEA win + GB loss

DETROIT can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. DET win + SEA loss

GREEN BAY can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. GB win
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by linery88 » Sat Jan 7, 2023 3:24 pm

I hope GB has to travel to Sanfran if they get into the playoffs.No chance they win that game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 7, 2023 8:32 pm

linery88 wrote:I dont want to play GB at home.We have no HF advantage,at least not the advantage we were led to believe we would have.HF-IMO overall in the NFL,is now overated.
Losing to GB again in a post season game with a double digit lead would be brutal,and Rodgers already owns us.GB is a better team now than they were before.I would rather beat TB in Tampa.We match up better with TB,with our secondary,and should blow them out with our D-line pressure,and double Evans.I just feel like McCarthy coaches better on the road in the playoffs.When GB won the SB,with 16 players on IR,they beat @Phil @Atl @Chic,then beat Pittsburgh to win the SB;all under McCarthy.That has to be worth something,even now-IMO.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch my friend. Brady has never lost to the Cowboys. I believe he is 8-0 against us. Plus its been 30 years since we won a playoff game on the road.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 7, 2023 8:36 pm

linery88 wrote:Playoff scenarios..............
AFC Scenarios

KANSAS CITY can clinch the AFC No. 1 seed with:
1. KC win
2. BUF loss

BUFFALO can clinch the AFC No. 1 seed with:
1. BUF win + KC loss

JACKSONVILLE can clinch the AFC South division title with:
1. JAC win

JACKSONVILLE can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. JAC loss + NE loss + MIA loss + PIT loss

NEW ENGLAND can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. NE win
2. NE loss + MIA loss + PIT loss+ TEN loss

MIAMI can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. MIA win + NE loss

PITTSBURGH can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. PIT win + NE loss + MIA loss

TENNESSEE can clinch the AFC South division title with:
1. TEN win
--------------------------------
NFC Scenarios

PHILADELPHIA can clinch the NFC No. 1 seed with:
1. PHI win
2. SF loss + DAL loss

PHILADELPHIA can clinch the NFC East division title with:
1. PHI win
2. DAL loss

SAN FRANCISCO can clinch the NFC No. 1 seed with:
1. SF win + PHI loss

DALLAS can clinch the NFC No. 1 seed with:
1. DAL win + PHI loss + SF loss

DALLAS can clinch the NFC East division title with:
1. DAL win + PHI loss

SEATTLE can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. SEA win + GB loss

DETROIT can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. DET win + SEA loss

GREEN BAY can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. GB win

Chiefs and Bengals getting screwed at no fault of their own. NFL commish continues to make one bad decision after another.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by linery88 » Sun Jan 8, 2023 2:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:I dont want to play GB at home.We have no HF advantage,at least not the advantage we were led to believe we would have.HF-IMO overall in the NFL,is now overated.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch my friend. Brady has never lost to the Cowboys. I believe he is 8-0 against us. Plus its been 30 years since we won a playoff game on the road.

if we play conservative,and run the ball,we should handle them or anyone.If we get pass happy;no.TB has a decent enough defense.
I trust us less at home,and more on the road.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 8, 2023 11:09 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Really no matter which route we end up taking in the playoffs the Cowboys are battling history as much as anything else. Both Brady and Rodgers have owned the Cowboys. We haven’t won a playoff game and 3 decades and I don’t believe Rodgers has ever lost in Dallas. One bright side is if the Cowboys lose in round 1 there’s no chance McCarthy is returning.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 8, 2023 3:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Really no matter which route we end up taking in the playoffs the Cowboys are battling history as much as anything else. Both Brady and Rodgers have owned the Cowboys. We haven’t won a road playoff game and 3 decades and I don’t believe Rodgers has ever lost in Dallas. One bright side is if the Cowboys lose in round 1 there’s no chance McCarthy is returning.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 8, 2023 3:34 pm

After the morning NFL news I see no incentive for the Cowboys to go all out and win this game. Giants are tanking this game and resting all their players today for their playoff game next week. Egals are 15.5 point favorites to win the game today. With no help at all from the Giants today we might just as well rest all of our guys as well. Bucs are resting all their players today because they clinched the other night. Brady now has an extra week to get ready for our defense. I don't like that at all.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#16 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 8, 2023 8:25 pm

Yeah I'd like to see us bench starters.

The problem is if Philly and SF somehow actually managed to lose McCarthy would get so much flack. The odds of that are so low though he should just risk it.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#17 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 8, 2023 8:27 pm

Apparently teams that bench starters are statistically more likely to lose their first playoff game though.

So there is that
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 8, 2023 9:26 pm

Nice to see the road blues again !!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 8, 2023 9:31 pm

What a fluke play. Jesus.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 8, 2023 9:33 pm

This rivalry never changes. The freakiest crap always happens. Damn.

Return to Dallas Cowboys