ImageImageImage

The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What WC and EC team are you pulling for in the 2nd round?

Mavs
2%
Nuggets
7%
Thunder
20%
Twolves
22%
Cavs
2%
Celtics
3%
Knicks
18%
Pacers
27%

Total votes: 60

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,771

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#81 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu May 2, 2024 3:28 am

garrick wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
thamadkant wrote:The Ishiba and Jones press conference was damage control 101. They know fans are livid and needed reassurance that the team is fine and will be fine.

Perhaps? But who in their right mind would actually buy into the BS they're shoveling down everyones' throats given the actual facts of everything we've seen the entire year and the ending results too. And that's aside from our zero "tangible" assets and no cap flexibility while also carrying the most expensive in NBA history, and having aging, declining or injury prone superstars , and no young promising talent that we've developed on our roster either. All they both kept saying is how this team is in a great position and a championship contender and how they have assets to improve the team and will make moves going forward to improve the roster. But never once did they offer any idea at all of how they think they'll actually accomplish these miracles.

It's like they both talk out of their azzes so much that they are actually beginning to believe their own BS to completely delusional levels!! But reality isn't disappearing anytime soon, and the facts are right in everyone's faces. :-?

This is who Ishbia is unfortunately.

His employees said he's a guy who gets off delusional positivity and gets high off his own farts.

It makes me sick that we also have a GM in JJ who does similarly and is all talk and no action. Truly delusional but if you go to Suns reditt there are a lot of fans that actually believe this nonsense.

Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 854

Post#82 » by Desertfox » Thu May 2, 2024 3:53 am

I am so glad I checked out the day we traded for KD. This team is going absolutely nowhere except for permanent mediocrity. Ishbia might somehow be worse than Sarver...
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,640

Post#83 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu May 2, 2024 3:55 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
garrick wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Perhaps? But who in their right mind would actually buy into the BS they're shoveling down everyones' throats given the actual facts of everything we've seen the entire year and the ending results too. And that's aside from our zero "tangible" assets and no cap flexibility while also carrying the most expensive in NBA history, and having aging, declining or injury prone superstars , and no young promising talent that we've developed on our roster either. All they both kept saying is how this team is in a great position and a championship contender and how they have assets to improve the team and will make moves going forward to improve the roster. But never once did they offer any idea at all of how they think they'll actually accomplish these miracles.

It's like they both talk out of their azzes so much that they are actually beginning to believe their own BS to completely delusional levels!! But reality isn't disappearing anytime soon, and the facts are right in everyone's faces. :-?

This is who Ishbia is unfortunately.

His employees said he's a guy who gets off delusional positivity and gets high off his own farts.

It makes me sick that we also have a GM in JJ who does similarly and is all talk and no action. Truly delusional but if you go to Suns reditt there are a lot of fans that actually believe this nonsense.

Too much “smug” that’s why Suns aren’t going anywhere.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,213

Post#84 » by RaisingArizona » Thu May 2, 2024 4:41 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Why isn't Vogel fired yesterday?

Apart from that everything else is fine.

No trading Booker is not better.

Let the team and Vogel relax a week better getting canned. I swear people don’t have patience anymore they want to see results after a day or two of being eliminated from the playoffs. Now a days nobody has patience it’s frankly sad we live in such a sad world.

I want JJ fired the day before yesterday and I want it now!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,640

Post#85 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu May 2, 2024 4:49 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Why isn't Vogel fired yesterday?

Apart from that everything else is fine.

No trading Booker is not better.

Let the team and Vogel relax a week better getting canned. I swear people don’t have patience anymore they want to see results after a day or two of being eliminated from the playoffs. Now a days nobody has patience it’s frankly sad we live in such a sad world.

I want JJ fired the day before yesterday and I want it now!

Thanks for proving my point.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,771

Post#86 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu May 2, 2024 4:54 am

Desertfox wrote:I am so glad I checked out the day we traded for KD. This team is going absolutely nowhere except for permanent mediocrity. Ishbia might somehow be worse than Sarver...

He is it seems because he's just so arrogant thinking he's smarter than all of the NBA experts who have spent their lives in the business of the NBA, managing, consulting, and actually experiencing multiple dynamics and evolutions of the league. And the only opinion and perspective that truly matters to him or is considered is his own, why? because he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room when in reality, he just comes across as a delusional arrogant clout chasing douchebag that won't accept the reality of the situation. And the worst part of this insanity is that when we repeatedly fail miserably over the next few years, He'll just rationalize his incessant ignorance by saying he did the best he could but they just fell short due to some idiotic generic excuse to deflect from actual accountability.

I really think that owners need to have a full mental assessment to establish whether or not they're irrationally delusional or something. Regardless though, he'll just continue as is feeding the delusion that also feeds his ego, until he drives the majority of the fanbase away, Booker demands out while a 40 yr old KD that can barely move on the court and an apathetic Bradley Beal just half azzes things while collecting 57 million, and we're a "play in" treadmill team or worse and when our season perennially ends in historically embarrassing fashion, we'll have nothing else to look forward to because jagoff Jones and dipsh**bia!!! will both trade our picks for mediocre casts off for the next decade. I['ve been a Suns fan through everything imaginable for close to 50 years now. But I'm not sure how much longer I can keep following this absolute idiocy of the worst kind that's going to severely cripple us for another 20-30 yrs as a cellar dweller laughing stock, But in much worse condition because we'll have absolutely no picks or young talent to even alternatively look forward to, because this complete arrogant idiot thinks we can contend every single year with no depth or assets. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,816

Post#87 » by Qwigglez » Thu May 2, 2024 5:14 am

As a Suns fan, I think we all saw the same thing Conley saw.
Read on Twitter
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,002

Post#88 » by TeamTragic » Thu May 2, 2024 5:19 am

Qwigglez wrote:As a Suns fan, I think we all saw the same thing Conley saw.
Read on Twitter

Damn the sound is deafening
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#89 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:36 am

Read on Twitter

We were literally that other team in 2022. And I have to give Monty and CP3 a lot of credit for not just keeping the team focused but also when we lost focus, they were able to bring the team back into focus.

Over this past season, the one "mantra" or saying (whatever you call it), I kept thinking about that was missing was "tightening the screws". It was brought up time and time again by him and the players and it's something I could always count on the team to know that they know what they need to do but they just have to tightening things up to get it done. We did that in the clutch almost every game because we knew what we needed to do but we just have to tighten things up, tighten up our passes, tightening up are cuts, tighten up our defense, tighten up our screens, tighten up our execution, tighten the screws.

This season we were loosey-goosey with our passes, our rotations were slow, our execution was lacking and our focus just wasn't always there.

Monty had a lot of flaws but I still think he was an outstanding coach who came short of being of the best coaches in the league.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,741

Post#90 » by Revived » Thu May 2, 2024 5:52 am

Read on Twitter

This guy just sounds like an arrogant *OS…

Read on Twitter

What a dumb mfer. This is the equivalent of saying “you don’t need a receiver in football, why keep the ball out of the QB’s hands”. Literally everyone that questioned this team not having a PG since last summer were all proven right.

Read on Twitter

James Jones didn’t shy away from idiotic comments either. Kevin Durant is 35 years old. They think he’s gonna get better now when he clearly couldn’t beat any defenders off dribble basically all season long. His only move now in half court offense is shooting over them, that’s it. And James Jones doesn’t watch basketball or was in a como when KD was with the Warriors and they won back to back with him finals MVP…that was when he was utilized best.

If Jones actually thinks KD is gonna get better at age 35 or there’s more to unlock on that body which has a s**t load of tread on it, he’s even more clueless than we all thought he is.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,109

Post#91 » by garrick » Thu May 2, 2024 6:25 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

This guy just sounds like an arrogant *OS…

Read on Twitter

What a dumb mfer. This is the equivalent of saying “you don’t need a receiver in football, why keep the ball out of the QB’s hands”. Literally everyone that questioned this team not having a PG since last summer were all proven right.

Read on Twitter

James Jones didn’t shy away from idiotic comments. Kevin Durant is 35 years old. They think he’s gonna get better now when he clearly couldn’t beat any defenders off dribble basically all season long. His only move now in half court offense is shooting over them, that’s it. And James Jones doesn’t watch basketball or was in a como when KD was with the Warriors and they won back to back with him finals MVP…that was when he was utilized best.

If Jones actually thinks KD is gonna get better at age 35 or there’s more to unlock on that body which has a s**t load of tread on it, he’s even more clueless than we all thought he is.

Both those idiots are just doubling down and refusing to admit the roster construction sucks it makes me wonder if they are watching the games at all?

Booker was always at his best when he didn't have to create for himself and KD clearly has lost a step and can't blow by most defenders anymore. Do both these morons think the best offense is for the big 3 to take turns doing horrible ISO ball and wasting to entire 24 sec clock?

It's also a ridiculous quote from JJ to say that no team has played KD the right way, GSW played him the right way and won 2 championships doing it. :crazy:
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,292

Post#92 » by Frank Lee » Thu May 2, 2024 7:34 am

Anybody want to start a go fund me site to erect a billboard in Phoenix with the Mad Matter shoveling manure?
What ? Me Worry ?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,741

Post#93 » by Revived » Thu May 2, 2024 8:25 am

Read on Twitter

thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,804

Post#94 » by thamadkant » Thu May 2, 2024 8:39 am

Read on Twitter

The team wasn't a team.... they didn't like each other.

Same thing back after Game 2 of the Mavericks series in 2021. The team started showing division. The triplets were close, Mikal, Cam and Ayton. Booker and CP3 were always sitting together... Crowder all of a sudden got pushed out to the bench and he claims something happened.

I think Booker is far from being a leader, he is always yelling at his team mates. KD always stoic and not talking or instructing on court, he seems passive...

The team didn't have a glue guy... lost it with CP3
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,816

Post#95 » by Qwigglez » Thu May 2, 2024 8:43 am

They are obviously not going to try and lower the perceived value of our players my saying we should trade them. :lol: Even hinting at possibly upgrading our starting 5 would be an indication of weakness, so I understand what Ishbia and Jones said is basically to save face.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,112

Post#96 » by Calvin Klein » Thu May 2, 2024 8:53 am

Yeah, that’s me out as well. Thats one arrogant con artist. Should run for president.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,109

Post#97 » by garrick » Thu May 2, 2024 11:30 am

thamadkant wrote:
Read on Twitter

The team wasn't a team.... they didn't like each other.

Same thing back after Game 2 of the Mavericks series in 2021. The team started showing division. The triplets were close, Mikal, Cam and Ayton. Booker and CP3 were always sitting together... Crowder all of a sudden got pushed out to the bench and he claims something happened.

I think Booker is far from being a leader, he is always yelling at his team mates. KD always stoic and not talking or instructing on court, he seems passive...

The team didn't have a glue guy... lost it with CP3

And we wonder why role players struggle here.

JJ and Ishbia are probably not going to sign a CP3 type of leader because he wants to coddle the big 3 nor is he going to hire a coach like Coach Bud who will call out his players if they're screwing up.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,951

Post#98 » by Saberestar » Thu May 2, 2024 12:16 pm

Read on Twitter

That's exactly what I am thinking it will happen next week.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#99 » by sunsbg » Thu May 2, 2024 12:32 pm

Firing Vogel and getting Lue would be a good start of the offseason.

Sounds like the plan is to trade the pick, so on draft day we'll know if they bring back same SL or actually try to fix it.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,112

Post#100 » by Calvin Klein » Thu May 2, 2024 12:49 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's exactly what I am thinking it will happen next week.

With the same roster. how long until Lue is turned into the scapegoat again?

Return to Phoenix Suns