ImageImageImage

Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
13%
Brown
1%
KP
No votes
DWhite!
73%
Jrue
3%
Horford
5%
Pritchard
No votes
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
1%
Other/Coach/Team
5%

Total votes: 118

31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,219

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#141 » by 31to6 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:44 am

For a few years I said Bam was my favorite non-Celtic, and the guy I’d like most to add to the Celtics. Now I think he’s the new Laimbeer and I’m pissed I have to watch him play even one more game.

FINISH HIM!!

Good win, voted Derrick and Al.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,036

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#142 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:36 am

itrsteve wrote:Honestly a gross game. Miami knows how to get in Boston’s head and be a pest.

Fortunately D white showed up big

Celtics have had 25+ point leads in all 3 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,036

Post#143 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:36 am

TatumMVP wrote:We're still waiting for Holiday to have a decent game.

Been very good in D. 5th option. Relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#144 » by brackdan70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:55 am

Curmudgeon wrote:Did I mention that Jaylen Brown sucks?

Thanks. The thread wouldn’t be complete with out your contribution.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#145 » by brackdan70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:57 am

31to6 wrote:For a few years I said Bam was my favorite non-Celtic, and the guy I’d like most to add to the Celtics. Now I think he’s the new Laimbeer and I’m pissed I have to watch him play even one more game.

FINISH HIM!!

Good win, voted Derrick and Al.

Yeah…but kind of like Laimbeer he is a hell of a good player.
Sign here
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,695

Post#146 » by Fantaxp7 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:59 am

I'm still fuming having to listen to Stan Van Gundy.

I'm just imagining Brad watching the game and staring at Jeff Van Gundy while his brother spewed all that nonsense :lol:

Gotta give it to White man...it was kinda poetic seeing Richardson sit on that Heat bench (still love him for his time here) as people were BS when we traded him away to get White then he wasn't producing immediately and people were pissed. Hope Brad finds a way to keep him around for the future...
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,670

Post#147 » by Homerclease » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,959

Post#148 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:37 pm

I **** love this team

Also, I think next series against either Cleveland or Magic...I honestly believe (I assume he is able to play) Neemias Queta/Kornet and Tillman will be an excellent guys out there for us.

These teams you can have a bigman who is a vertical player grabbing rebounds. Especially with Celevland and to a slightly lesser extent Orlando.

Orlando is all Wagner and Paolo so having those guys work, Cleveland would be crushed truthfully as Mobley has to defend Tatum and Allen doesnt space.

So you have

Jrue and White and Brown -v- Garland and Strus and Mitchell

Mobley has to guard Tatum and one of the above guys have to defend Brown.

That does not work well for Cavs.

On Orlando, same sort of idea.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,545

Post#149 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:44 pm

After Cs lost Game 2, I was hearing about the Cs losing to the Magic or Cavs. :lol:
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,914

Post#150 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 pm

Fierce1 wrote:After Cs lost Game 2, I was hearing about the Cs losing to the Magic or Cavs. :lol:

You was the first one here running around saying how the Celtics ain't winning it all and you're only in it for the entertainment, results be damned.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#151 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:19 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:After Cs lost Game 2, I was hearing about the Cs losing to the Magic or Cavs. :lol:

You was the first one here running around saying how the Celtics ain't winning it all and you're only in it for the entertainment, results be damned.

I never said the Celts aren't winning it all.

Check the posts all the way from October if you like.

I said the Cs have a higher % of winning it all next year for a number of reasons.
But the Cs are good enough to win it all this year because of the talent that they have.

What I'm questioning is why some here keep saying the Celtic coach is bad, Tatum is not consistent, not an alpha, and the Cs can't execute in the clutch, but they expect the Cs to win it all.

So don't have me confused by the Meltdown Crew because I'm one of those who believe in the Celtics.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#152 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:20 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

I said the Cs have a higher % of winning it all next year for a number of reasons.
But the Cs are good enough to win it all this year because of the talent that they have.

What I'm questioning is why some here keep saying the Celtic coach is bad, Tatum is not consistent, not an alpha, and the Cs can't execute in the clutch, but they expect the Cs to win it all.

So don't have me confused by the Meltdown Crew because I'm one of those who believe in the Celtics.

I'm not doing the homework for you but to paraphrase, you literally said that you thought they needed another year for this team to gel.

Sorry bud, this one ain't for you as my boi caveman would say.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,721

Post#153 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

65% of this forum are still wearing pee stained shorts from the fear of playing the Heat in the first round.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#154 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:23 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

I'm not doing the homework for you but to paraphrase, you literally said that you thought they needed another year for this team to gel.

Yeah, their chemistry will be much better compared next season compared to this season.

That doesn't mean they can't get to the finals and who knows what happens in the finals.

Just call a spade a spade.

The overreaction from that Game 2 loss was just soft.

Imagine if the Celtic players also have a forum of their own, like this one we're on, I'm sure Celtic players will say some of the Celtic fans are soft too!
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#155 » by Hal14 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:This is really where the lack of depth gets scary.

Lack of depth? We're the deepest team in the league. Only other teams even in the conversation are clippers, knicks and maybe t-wolves.

I haven't heard anyone say we lack depth since it was the preseason. Our bench has been awesome all season. Best bench net rating in the league and we went 21-4 in games without KP.

Captain_Caveman wrote:Even if we just had Grant Williams to give us 24 minutes off the bench for a couple of games, I'd feel more comfortable.

Who gets those minutes now? Hauser? Kornet? Tillman? Don't like any of those options when the chips are down. Not one bit.

Oh boy. We're still bringing up Grant Williams? Hauser was the *much* better player this season than Grant Williams, while making 1/6 of his salary.

Mavericks fans were constantly tweeting throughout the season about how horrible Grant was, how they wanted him off the team, how it was the worst trade in franchise history. He couldn't defend a chair this season and was air-balling shots in the paint.

How quickly we forget Hauser hitting all those shots in game 1 vs Miami this series to help us win that game. His defense has been solid too.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#156 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:

65% of this forum are still wearing pee stained shorts from the fear of playing the Heat in the first round.

Yeah, I get the fear of the Heat, but Cs will lose to the Cavs or Magic? :lol:
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#157 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:I never said the Celts aren't winning it all.

Yeah, their chemistry will be much better compared next season compared to this season.

That doesn't mean they can't get to the finals and who knows what happens in the finals.

Just call a spade a spade.

The overreaction from that Game 2 loss was just soft.

Imagine if the Celtic players also have a forum of their own, like this one we're on, I'm sure Celtic players will say some of the Celtic fans are soft too!

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:It's all about the numbers.

If the Celtic owners are making money from ticket sales and whatever other things they are selling, the owners will be content to let this ride out.

Money making is the 1st priority.

Winning championships just comes in 2nd when it comes to professional sports.

Are you ever going to hold the Celtics accountable or are you perfectly content with how things continue to play out?

I'm done holding the Celtics accountable.

Been a fan since 1986, so I survived the 90s.

Gaston was just horrible.

Didn't really care about winning.

Here's the thing, I have my timeline for this Celtics team.

This season is an anything goes season because I truly believe the Jays, KP, and Jrue need a year to gel.

Next season will be where the Cs will be at their peak.

The negative vibes is just not worth it because we will still all watch the Celtics if they're playing.

Ya. That totally sounds like you said their timeline was this June and not next.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#158 » by Hal14 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:30 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw

Absolute master class of a game by D-white.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,039

Post#159 » by CelticsPride18 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:35 pm

Now that KP is hurt the focus Tatum needs to Heat up now.
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,323

Post#160 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:37 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Twitter doctor chimes in:
Read on Twitter

Giannis is as tough as they come and he's still out with his calf strain.

Return to Boston Celtics