Team USA has ramped up the selection process for this summer's Olympics in Paris. There are 11 players that the United States are counting on playing or are in strong consideration for a roster spot. The initial 11 are:
- Bam Adebayo - Miami Heat
- Devin Booker - Phoenix Suns
- Stephen Curry - Golden State Warriors
- Anthony Davis - Los Angeles Lakers
- Kevin Durant - Phoenix Suns
- Anthony Edwards - Minnesota Timberwolves
- Joel Embiid - Philadelphia 76ers
- Tyrese Haliburton - Indiana Pacers
- Jrue Holiday - Boston Celtics
- LeBron James - Los Angeles Lakers
- Jayson Tatum - Boston Celtics
None of these players are considered absolute locks as of yet. But all 11 are under strong consideration and have mentioned interest in representing Team USA this summer, provided they are healthy enough to play.
Of that group, Booker, Curry, Durant, Embiid, Holiday, James and Tatum are considered to be the United States core group. Edwards and Haliburton are being considered after strong play at last summer's FIBA World Cup. Adebayo and Davis are garnering interest for additional frontcourt depth around Embiid.